Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's Day Cake Pops

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, well, it's still a week away. 

However, I went to the craft store today, and it was so hard to find what I was looking for to assemble some simple gifts! So I guess I'm a little behind the game here, but I still have some super cute things to share. 

These are some cake pops the bestie and I made for our co-workers a couple years ago. We had just gotten really into cake pops and decided these were the ones we wanted to tackle. I think they turned out great!







For the cupcakes, we started with a small flower cookie cutter and molded the cake and frosting mixture into it, leaving a round piece sticking out of the top of the cutter. We dipped the lower half into the dipping chocolate, waited for it to dry, and then dipped the top part into the white melts and added the sprinkles and M&M while it was still wet. 

We used a small heart cookie cutter for the hearts and dipped them. We tried making them conversation hearts by using edible pens, but as I've said before, I've never had success with those darn things! So, we added a dab of melted dipping chocolate and attached real conversation hearts! I think they turned out well, and I like the 3D effect of the hearts. 

Stay tuned! I still have a new Valentine's Day wreath and some simple gifts to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment