Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Desk Makeover

In preparation for my upcoming move, I've been working on putting together some pieces for my bedroom. I scoured Pinterest for some DIY furniture redo tips and was inspired!

My brother brought this desk over a while ago in exchange for the beautiful roll top desk I was originally going to paint. (He thought it was a crime- I didn't see a problem with it.)

 
  
Here is the finished product!


I purchased the white and brushed nickel pulls from Lowe's, and the zebra print knobs from Hobby Lobby. I never realized how expensive knobs and pulls are! I could have gone with a more generic look and been able to buy them in a pack, but I couldn't resist adding a little zebra flair. Even with 50% off the knobs from Hobby Lobby, I still think I spend about $20 on knobs and pulls and $10 on paint and primer. The desk was free, so I guess $30 total isn't too bad! I also had PLENTY of paint and primer left over, so it will be used for other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment